Welcome to our monthly passive income update for August 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of August 2016 was C$546.35. The passive income for the month comprised of US$318.63 and C$128.94 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31).
Passive income change is -11.29% QoQ and -18.91% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $5,878.03, which achieves 65.3% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Affiliate program from BlueHost
- Seeking Alpha – 2 new articles published
Dividend IncreasesAugust saw two dividend increase announcements in our portfolio.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP)(BIP.UN.TO) raised its dividend by 3.51%
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) raised its dividend by 2.8%
Added PositionsDuring the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) – 1 share DRIPped
- Pan American Silver Corp (PAA.TO)
- US & Intl Equity Seg Funds
During the month, we closed the following positions in our portfolio
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great August as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from you, the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.
Stay updated: Be sure to stay updated on all the posts by subscribing via email or following via Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
This article was written by Roadmap2Retire. If you enjoyed this article, please consider subscribing to my feed at Roadmap2Retire.com/feed