Welcome to our monthly passive income update for March 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of March 2016 was C$862.28. The passive income for the month comprised of US$450.15 and C$308.47 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31).
Passive income change is -5.73% QoQ (we received an annual payout in Dec 2015 from one of our funds) and 74.30% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $2,167.95, which achieves 24% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Amgen Inc (AMGN)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Care Capital Properties Inc (CCP)
- Chevron Corp (CVX)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Magna International (MG.TO)
- Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- Power Corp of Canada (POW.TO)
- Qualcomm Inc (QCOM)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- Thomson Reuters (TRI.TO)
- Ventas Inc (VTR)
- Wells Fargo & Co (WFC)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Vanguard FTSE All-World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 2 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $458.46 and other passive income totaled $403.82. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
Dividend IncreasesMarch saw dividend increase announcement from the following in our current holdings.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) announced a 2.86% raise
- Qualcomm Inc (QCOM) announced a 10.42% raise
- Realty Income Corp (O) announced a 0.25% raise
- No new positions added/closed in March 2016.
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great March as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
This article was written by Roadmap2Retire. If you enjoyed this article, please consider subscribing to my feed at Roadmap2Retire.com/feed